Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More Springtime Flowers



I understand now why Springtime flowers are such a popular subject with photographers.  They are absolutely stunning on film!  Plus, they never complain and are always happy to have their photo taken.  The only thing that has been a  slight problem for me is the breeze that kicks up every once in a while...but that certainly isn't the flower's fault. Here are a few of my favorites:


I was lucky enough to catch a butterfly on top of some New Gold Lantana flowers.  



The Lamb's Ear is the softest, silkiest plant I've come across this Spring.  


A close up view of the Lamb's Ear.   Hummingbirds are said to love this plant!


The Pow Wow White Coneflower can reach up to 2 feet tall and their sturdy stems make them ideal to use as cut flowers.


This Profusion Cherry Zinnia is a wonderfully fragrant flower that will bring butterflies to your garden.


The Durango Bee Marigold will make any garden pop with its amazing colors!


Baby Wing Begonias are delicate and lovely flowers.


And finally, the Bat-Face Cuphea.  Also known to attract Hummingbirds, these flowers are so named because their red tubular blooms and purple petals resemble the face of a bat.  Perfect for Central Texas in the Spring and Summertime!  








2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love me some cupcakes. I used several of your pics for Pinterest pinning material. It is always good to find a site that allows pinning of their pictures without having to worry about the site owner getting upset about it. I look forward to your future pics...:)

    ReplyDelete